The phone, called Samsung i8180 Chai or Samsung i8180c, seems to have most of the features you’ll find in the i8000, including Windows Mobile and a 3.7 inch AMOLED touchscreen display.
However, the i8180 has China-specific features as well, like WAPI, TD-SCDMA connectivity and CMMB (China Multimedia Mobile Broadcasting).
The Samsung i8180 / i8180c looks really nice, as you can see in the photos below:
At the moment, the release date of Samsung i8180 is not known, but the smartphone will probably hit the Chinese market in the next few months.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola MT710 oPhone is like a keyboard-less Droid for China
- LG GW880 gets official for China Mobile
- Beijing Olympics seen to boost sales of white-box handsets in China
- LG to ship more 3G phones than Samsung, thanks to demand from China
- HTC Qilin (Dopod T8388) is a TD-SCDMA WM smartphone for China