No, it’s not your imagination. It’s true that Bell has been a prominent figure in the phone news as of late. They’ve got some crazy stuff going on — most good, some bad. Fortunately we have more news on the good end of the stick.
BGR has leaked the new lineup that’s supposed to start off their voyage into HSPA+. Some phones are obvious while a few others are a pleasant sight to see.
First off, we all knew the iPhone is coming next month to Bell, so no surprise there. There have also been rumors of the Samsung Omnia II floating around. But we have learned that the Bold and Bold 2 (9700) are coming, Samsung Impact, LG Xenon, Nokias 2730 and 6350, and 3 HSPA laptop cards from Novatel (2 of which will offer 21 Mbps, a third will have 7.2).
Notable items: both the Bold and Bold 2 will be sold at the same time, though the original is rumored to be offered at a lower price ($149 for original, $249 for new). The iPhones will be $149, 199 and 299 for the 8, 16 and 32 GB respectively.
That’s all that was on the list for now, but I’m sure there will be a few others coming out that we haven’t heard of. Just make sure you get a new contract with these phones so you don’t get charged an additional monthly fee.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Canada: Bell will launch the BlackBerry Bold 9780 on November 2 and the HTC Desire Z on November 3
- BlackBerry Bold 9780 finally available at Bell
- Bell BlackBerry Curve 9360 will be available on August 29
- T-Mobile will launch the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 as its first 4G RIM smartphone
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 coming to Virgin Mobile Canada “really soon”