It’s such a rare opportunity to hear Verizon actually fess up to various rumors, and we just got one today out of the blue, on Twitter no less.
VZWOffers apparently needs more followers, and found a great way to get exposure by announcing Verizon will be selling the Palm Pre early next year.
Talk about an official announcement. An off-the-cuff comment about it on a VZW-sponsored Twitter account is not necessarily the most official. But it’s there, in print, so that should count for something.
This is great news for gadget fans who love Verizon’s network. For a long time Verizon has been infamous for having a lackluster lineup of premier phones, and in a matter of months the biggest US carrier will have the Storm 2, Palm Pre, Moto Droid, and who knows what else. Not bad.
It’s just nice to have the rumor confirmed, that’s all.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Palm Pre and Eos included in Verizon’s inventory database?
- Verizon iPhone all but confirmed, will come early next year
- HTC Thunderbolt stars in new TV ad. Verizon still has no launch date
- Verizon launching both the Palm Pre Plus and the Palm Pixi Plus?
- Palm Pre 2 pre-orders will begin in the US on November 8