BlackBerry Bold 9700 now official, AT&T, T-Mobile and Rogers will carry it
The 9700 is pretty much an improved and better looking BlackBerry Bold 9000. It runs BlackBerry OS 5.0 and it’s RIM’s second smartphone to have an optical trackpad (after the Curve 8520).
AT&T and T-Moible will both offer the Bold 9700 in the US. T-Mobile didn’t say how much its 9700 will cost, but AT&T plans to sell it for $199.99 on contract (after a $100 mail-in-rebate). You can register your interest either on AT&T’s website, or on T-Mobile’s.
The specs and features of BlackBerry Bold 9700 incude:
- Quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM connectivity
- 2100/1900/850/800 MHz or 2100/1700/900 UMTS/HSDPA connectivity
- 2.44 inch light-sensing display with 480 x 360 pixels
- Highly tactile QWERTY keyboard
- Wi-Fi with UMA (where available)
- GPS with Telenav maps
- Bluetooth 2.1
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Access to BlackBerry App World
- 3.2 MP autofocus camera with variable zoom, flash and video recording
- 624MHz processor
- 256 MB of Flash memory
- 2GB memory card in the box
- 4.29 x 2.36 x 0.56 inches (109 x 60 x 14.1 mm)
- 4.3 oz (122 grams)
- 1500 mAh battery
The BlackBerry Bold 9700 will be available starting November.
Update: Rogers announced the Bold 9700 too. It will be launched in Canada for $299 with a 3-yr contract agreement.
Via Press release