We’re still about one year ahead of seeing the first Windows Mobile 7 phones launched, but that doesn’t mean we can’t take a look at what Microsoft’s next mobile OS will bring.
The bottom row in the photo below is “roughly” showing what WM7 will look like, and it’s easy to see that the new OS obviously looks much better than WM 6.5.
As you can see, there’s no start button in WM 7, and everything’s optimized for a finger-friendly touchscreen experience:
More comparative images (including contacts, email and messages) were posted over at PocketNow:
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Windows Mobile 6.5 and MyPhone video demo and pics
- Opera Mobile 10 beta 2 for S60 and Windows Mobile released
- HTC makes the HD2 (Leo) official
- Audio Notes Touch for Windows Mobile
- More info on Windows Phone 7; Windows Live ID will be required