Verizon has just sent out invitations to a Droid event that will be held on October 28 (one week from now).
At this event, Verizon will unveil “the most desirable phone of 2009”. Motorola’s logo can be seen on the invitation, so the phone is most probably the Motorola Droid (aka Sholes aka Tao).
As you may already know, Verizon has already kicked off the Droid Does campaign aimed at Apple’s iPhone and its lack of a real keyboard, its inability to take photos in the dark and so on.
Will the Verizon Moto Droid (which obviously runs Android) indeed be more desirable than the iPhone? Let’s wait and see.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid 3 shows off its redesigned keyboard
- Motorola “mini Droid” for Verizon caught in photos and on video?
- Verizon Motorola Droid X comes in July, Droid 2 in August. Plus a bunch of new Moto DroidX pics
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid X2, Droid 3, and Targa appear in new photos
- Motorola Verizon Droid X (& D2?) on June 23. New Blur, Android 2.1.9 and Flash support inside?