The creators of Sports Tracker, one of Nokia’s most successful mobile applications, have decided to form a company of their own, called Sports Tracking Technologies Ltd.
Sports Tracking Technologies Ltd was announced as part of the Nokia Technopolis Innovation program, which has the purpose of converting “Nokia’s unused ideas and innovations into growth businesses through both founding new companies and by licensing them to selected Finnish ICT companies for further development and exploitation”.
Jussi Kaasinen and Ykä Huhtala are the core developers behind Sports Tracker. While Nokia isn’t directly involved in their new startup, the Finnish giant will be a client of Sports Tracking Technologies. The STT team is reportedly growing and working to bring enhanced features and “compatibility refinements for products and services which promise to remain wholly sports-centric.”
Via The Symbian Blog
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Beta Labs mobile website now available
- Nokia N8, C7 and C6-01 Symbian smartphones get a software update
- Apple, Samsung, RIM, LG, Motorola, Sanyo and AT&T sued by SmartPhone Technologies
- Skype for Symbian updated, now supports Nokia N8, C7 and E5
- Nokia Photo Browser now available for Symbian S60 3rd Edition