HTC, one of the world’s largest smartphone makers, announced a new global ad campaign, as well as a new brand positioning – Quietly Brilliant.
The HTC YOU campaign has a pretty smarty tagline: “You don’t need to get a phone. You need a phone that gets you”, and it represents the Taiwan-based company’s commitment “to focus on people, their needs and how they work and live to ensure that HTC devices suit them”.
Created in collaboration with Deutsch LA Inc (a Los Angeles-based advertising agency), the YOU campaign will be rolled out in 20 countries around the world, starting the next few weeks.
“We’ve come to have a very emotional relationship with our phones. Many of our key experiences in any given day come through this one device and yet most of the advertising in the category is still about utility. HTC’s whole design philosophy is very personal. They make phones where your experience is completely unique, so we think there is a connection between how people feel about their phones and how HTC makes them,” declared Eric Hirshberg, co-CEO and chief creative officer at Deutsch LA.
As for the Quietly Brilliant brand, this stands for “doing great things in a humble way, with the belief that the best things in life can only be experienced, not explained.”
Here are two HTC YOU TV ads:
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola teams up with David Beckham to sell its Aura phone
- Bluetooth promotions – new form of advertising from Intera
- MTV and SpinVox Team Up to Offer First Ever Integrated Voice Powered Social Networking Campaign
- Sony Ericsson and 3 UK are welcoming Halloween with The DarkSide campaign
- Nokia gets £20m, Samsung £8m from Microsoft for Windows Phone promotion in the UK