Normally a SIM card tray isn’t a very huge deal. It houses SIM cards, so who could care about something as insignificant about that? Rumor chasers, that’s who could care. And they certainly do.
Spotted in the wild, we have photographic evidence of some kind of SIM card tray, quite possibly for a next-gen iPhone or iTablet.
I think it’s for the tablet, and here’s why:
- This tray is larger, indicating it is for a larger device
- iPhones are currently coming out each summer, and it seems a bit early to begin iPhone next-gen rumors as small as SIM trays
- If the tablet really comes out early 2010 as rumored, this would be ideal timing for a SIM tray to be leaked
If the SIM tray really is for the tablet, it will be cellular-based, not just WiFi/data-based.
There is far too little information to come to any conclusions, but if it is a bona fide SIM card tray, it’s either for the tablet or for a brand new iPhone coming out earlier in the year.
What do you think? Sound off in the comments!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- iPhone 5 Now Rumored to Feature a 4-inch Display, A5 Dual-Core Processor
- Intel confirms plans for Atom-based iPhone-like mini-tablet?
- Verizon iPhone all but confirmed, will come early next year
- Rumor: iPhone 5 to have a metal chassis and a 3.5-3.7-inch screen after all
- iPhone 5 front panel allegedly pictured, suggests larger display