October 28 may be a big day for Verizon (the largest US carrier is going to launch the BlackBerry Storm2 and announce the Motorola Droid), but it’s also a somewhat important day for T-Mobile, which will release the Sony Ericsson Equinox.
The Equinox is a 3G clamshell phone featuring “eye-catching light effects” that let you associate up to five contacts with a unique effect.
Coming as the US version of Sony Ericsson T707, the Equinox also features a 2.2 inch QVGA internal display, GPS, stereo Bluetooth, FM radio, YouTube access and a 3.2MP camera.
T-Mobile will sell the Sony Ericsson Equinox for $50 with a 2-yr contract agreement.
To celebrate the release of Equinox, Sony Ericsson’s brand ambassador Maria Sharapova will be present at the opening of a new T-Mo store in LA, California, on October 31. A “Maria Sharapova look-a-like contest” will be organized by Sony Ericsson – prizes will include Equinox phones, Sony PSPs and Sony VAIO laptops. More details here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- After leaving Sony, Maria Sharapova is now Samsung’s publicity ambassador (already promoting the Galaxy Note)
- Sony Ericsson Equinox (T707) coming to T-Mobile USA in October
- Sony Ericsson and Maria Sharapova officially announce the T707
- #CTIA09: Sony Ericsson Maria Sharapova Phone, Sans Maria
- Sony Ericsson Zylo and Spiro Walkman phones introduced (video)