If you want to buy a Motorola Droid without waiting for that $100 mail-in rebate announced by Verizon, Best Buy is the place where you can do so.
The giant American retailer announced that it would pre-sell Verizon’s Moto Droid starting October 29, offering a $100 instant saving instead of a mail-in rebate. This way, you can get the Droid for $199.99 right away (a 2-yr Verizon contract agreement is obviously required).
Of course, even if you pre-buy the Droid on October 29, you’ll still have to wait until November 6 to have it.
In case you don’t know yet, Motorola Droid is the world’s first smartphone to run Android 2.0 (Eclair). Its features include a 3.7 inch WVGA multi-touch display, full QWERTY keyboard, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3.5mm headset jack, 5MP autofocus camera with flash, and an ARM Cortex A8 550 MHz processor.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon announces the HTC Droid Eris, launches the LG Chocolate Touch
- Verizon opens stores early for the Motorola Droid
- Brazil gets the Motorola Milestone too, multi-touch included
- Verizon Motorola Droid announced, comes on Nov. 6 for $199.99
- Verizon announces the Samsung Continuum, launches Motorola Droid 2 Global Edition