Not everyone enjoys Twitter, but I find that the popular social networking service is a great platform for breaking news. Take this golden gem of news from HTC:
The rumors are true! Hero will be getting an Eclair update. We ask for your patience as we update Sense for the fancy new Android OS.
Less than 140 characters long, yet it tells so much more. We just recently learned that HTC has been using Android 2.0 in-house for some time now and would be putting it in models in the near future.
Up until now the only device known to have the Eclair update on it is the Motorola Droid, just announced yesterday. So as far as we know, this will be the second device to have Eclair. That is, unless some other phone comes out with it first.
How will Sense UI fit into Eclair? And will we now see a huge flood of other Android devices following suit with 2.0 updates?
via HTC Twitter
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid X will get Froyo upgrade tomorrow
- Verizon: Froyo update for Droid Incredible starts today, new Droid Incredibles will ship with Froyo
- HTC Confirms its Involvement With Android 2.0
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 2 shows up again, will “probably” come with Android 2.2 Froyo
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Android Gingerbread update now rolling out, Milestone 2 will get it in Q4