Hey, remember the Droid Eris? You know, that phone that’s launching the same day as the Droid, but isn’t getting as much attention? We may have some news that will certainly grab your attention.
Gdgt has a source on good authority that knows the Droid Eris will be available with contract for $99, compared to the $199 price point of the Droid.
This actually makes a lot of sense. For one, the Eris will be a hard sell if it’s offered at the same cost as its more popular Android cousin. Especially if it isn’t rocking Eclair right from the get-go.
We want to hear from anyone who is planning on buying one of the two new Droid-series handsets. Would the $99/199 pricing make a difference on your decision? Which one are you going to go with?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s HTC Droid Eris shows up in press and hands-on photos
- HTC Hero, Android 2.0 to Come Together
- Verizon announces the HTC Droid Eris, launches the LG Chocolate Touch
- Verizon HTC Droid Eris will not get Froyo
- Verizon’s HTC Droid Eris will get an update on July 16th, it’s not Froyo