Although it’s not officially announced, the HTC Droid Eris has appeared in a press photo, as well as in two clear hands-on photos.
The Droid Eris should be Verizon’s second Android smartphone, after the Motorola Droid – in fact, previous rumors have it that the Eris will actually be available at the same time with the Moto Droid, starting November 6 (but no one can officially confirm this at the moment).
Interestingly, the Eris will not come with Android 2.0 from the beginning, and BGR says that the smartphone is “overall the same as the Sprint Hero but for some reason it seems faster, slightly thinner and taller.”
Here are two hands-on photos of the Droid Eris:
And the handset’s official look (via PhoneArena):
Verizon should sell the HTC Droid Eris for $99.99 with a 2-yr contract agreement.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon announces the HTC Droid Eris, launches the LG Chocolate Touch
- Rumor: Droid Eris to sell at $99
- CDMA HTC Hero looks more like the Magic?
- Motorola “mini Droid” for Verizon caught in photos and on video?
- HTC Hero in live pictures; the first review already published