It turns out that one of these smartphones will be released through AT&T. Unfortunately, VentureBeat (the source of this rumor) doesn’t provide a launch date for the handset. However, since Nokia and Qualcomm said back in February that their first phones will be introduced in 2010, we should probably not expect AT&T to announce the rumored device this year.
There aren’t any clear details about this AT&T-bound handset, but Nokia and Qualcomm (which recently joined the Symbian Foundation) may want to use a Snapdragon processor for it.
Nokia released quite a few phones via AT&T this year, although none of them is high-end – the latest is the Nokia 6350, a cheap clamshell that’s offered for $30 on contract.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia reportedly launching Snapdragon based Symbian phone this year
- Nokia reconfirms: Symbian^3 and Maemo 6 devices are coming this year
- #MWC10: €100 Symbian smartphones promised for later this year
- Nokia C7, C6-01 and X3-02 Touch and Type launch dates for India revealed
- Nokia N9 (or rather N8-01) photos leaked – no sign of MeeGo