Carphone Warehouse, Europe’s largest independent cell phone retailer, announced that it will sell more than 1 million iPhones by Christmas.
The retailer first launched the iPhone in November 2007, and it’s currently offering the smartphone only on the O2 network.
However, starting November 10, Carphone will also sell the iPhone to Orange customers – this being the main reason for the company’s optimistic expectations.
Over the last two years, Carphone was the only independent retailer in the UK to stock the iPhone.
Starting 2010, Carphone may also offer the iPhone to Vodafone and 3 UK subscribers.
“We look forward to working with all the networks that will supply this phenomenal handset in future,” said Carphone chief executive Andrew Harrison.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Vodafone UK to sell the iPhone starting January 14 2010
- Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 will be launched in Germany on November 1
- UK: Windows Phone 8S by HTC available for pre-order on Vodafone tariffs
- [UPDATE: Error] Is there a white Nexus 4 on its way to Carphone Warehouse?
- UK: HTC Flyer now on pre-order at Carphone Warehouse for £599.99, ships in May