Motorola Milestone (the GSM version of Verizon’s Droid) has been officially announced for Germany, Italy and Brazil, and there will certainly be more countries and more carriers to announce it in the future.
If you’re in the UK, you should know that leading mobile operators O2 and T-Mobile will not offer the Milestone at all – or at least that’s what T3 is reporting.
Apparently, T-Mobile UK tested the Droid about six months ago; Nicola Shenton, the operator’s Head of Handset and Device Marketing, confirmed that they chose not to carry it. The exact reason for this is unknown, but it may have something to do with the fact that T-Mo already sells three Android phones in the UK: G1, Hero and Pulse.
So it looks like it’s up to Vodafone, Orange or 3 to bring the Milestone to UK consumers. Let’s hope that at least one of these operators will announce the new Android 2.0 smartphone soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid X and Milestone 2 coming to Europe (France)?
- Motorola Milestone / Droid dubbed QRTY in Korea, Froyo not included yet
- Motorola Milestone (Droid) officially launched in Europe. Gets multi-touch, loses free navigation
- Brazil gets the Motorola Milestone too, multi-touch included
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 Android Gingerbread update now rolling out, Milestone 2 will get it in Q4