Nokia has just announced a new global music partnership with Universal Music Group International (UMGI) and the Island Def Jam Music Group (IDJMG), dubbed Nokia Play 2010 and “created to deliver unique and exclusive music content to fans around the world.”
Nokia says that this coincides with the global availability of Nokia X6, its new flagship music phone that should be on sale in the UK starting November 12.
The first event organized by Nokia Play 2010 is the release of Rihanna’s new album, “Rated R”, which will be available worldwide starting November 23. Rihanna will perform live on November 16 in London, and Nokia will stream the show live over the internet – fans can sign up here.
Nokia will also release a Rihanna mobile app via the Ovi Store. Moreover, Nokia Comes With Music customers will have access to an exclusive edition of Rihanna’s Rated R album, which includes a bonus track and free content.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia launches free Rihanna App
- The Android Market is now Google Play, complete with apps, music, movies, and books
- Nokia and Pepsi launch Ovi Store football channel
- SanDisk’s $15 slotMusic cards now shipping. Leona Lewis, Rhianna, Coldplay and many more coming your way
- Nokia launches DRM-free Comes with Music service in China