Today, Samsung announced that the Star S5230 has become its sixth phone to be sold in more than 10 million units – after the Samsung T-100, Samsung E700, Samsung D500, Samsung J700 and Samsung E250.
The Star S5230 passed the 10 million mark after six months since its release (May), thus becoming the fastest-selling Samsung phone ever.
Samsung reported that 5 million Star handsets were sold until August. September and October both brought sales of over 2 million units, so the 10 million mark was reached quite fast.
About 5 million Stars were sold in Europe (UK, Italy, the Netherlands and so on), 1.6 million in Latin America, 900,000 in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), and 800,000 in China.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Star sold in more than 30 million units
- 5 million Star S5230 phones already sold by Samsung
- 10 million LG Cookie phones sold
- Samsung Star S5230W and S5233W come with Wi-Fi
- Nokia exec reports 13 million 5800 XMs sold; he actually talked about the 5310 XM