Google and Best Buy have announced a new partnership that will make Google Mobile App available in Best Buy Mobile stores across the US.
In consequence, users who have a Windows Mobile, BlackBerry or Symbian S60 smartphone can visit a Best Buy store and “get some help installing the app or to see a live demo of what the application can do.”
Also, if you’re buying a new phone at Best Buy, Google Mobile App can be installed as part of the Walk Out Working program.
“We are excited to offer users a new and more personalized way of getting Google on their smartphones. While Google Mobile App is available as a free download from m.google.com, often times users run into problems because they don’t have the right handset or data plan,” declared Marc Vanlerberghe, Director of Marketing at Google.
Google Mobile App includes features like My Location and search by voice, and at the same time provides quick access to Gmail, Google Maps, Google Search and so on.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google Mobile App for BlackBerry now available
- Google to introduce “Searching by Voice” feature for iPhone
- Google Search for mobile now brings you movie trailers
- Voice-enabled Google Mobile app for iPhone now available
- Google Gesture Search comes to Android 1.6