Today we have Droid and Droid Eris releasing on Verizon. Apparently that means it’s old news because already we have learned of another possible Verizon Android device coming down the pipeline.
This particular one is called the Saygus VPhone V1 and has already cleared the FCC for approval. Saygus is a relatively new player on the market, though this would certainly give immediate name-recognition to the brand.
Besides having EVDO Rev A, how can we be so sure the VPhone is coming to Verizon? Saygus’ own website is confirming it. They mention this to be not only the third Android phone to come to Verizon, but also the first to be approved via Verizon’s own Open Development Program.
We have specs and pics ready to throw at all of you. Specs first:
- 3.5-inch 800 x 480 capacitive touchscreen
- 624 MHz Processor
- 5 MP autofocus camera
- 512 MB ROM, 256 MB RAM
- WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS/Possible MiFi
- MicroSD slot
- Front-facing camera (will this be omitted from Verizon’s final version?)
- FM Radio
- No 3.5 mm jack
Not bad. The processor could always welcome a nice bump up in speed, though 624 is still quite respectable for current standards.
Here are a few pics from the FCC files.
Likely release timeframe is set to be early 2010 as of now, but is not confirmed and always subject to change.
Are you intrigued?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #CES2010: Saygus VPhone Visits CES, Offers Video Calling Goodness
- Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic First Hands-on at CES 2011
- Verizon Droid Incredible 2 User Guide and full specs leaked
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 3 is a world phone. Specs list unveiled
- Verizon HTC Incredible now official as “Droid Incredible by HTC”. April 29 seems to be the launch date