Today Nokia announced the 5330 Mobile TV Edition, a new phone that features DVB-H technology, allowing users to watch TV shows while on the go. The handset also comes with Nokia’s Electronic Program Guide (EPG), which lets you create personal channel lists.
The other specs of 5330 Mobile TV Edition are similar to the ones included in the Nokia 5330 XpressMusic: 2.4 inch QVGA display, 3G, 3.5mm headset jack, 3.2MP camera, access to Ovi Store, YouTube, Facebook and MySpace.
Nokia 5330 Mobile TV Edition will be available for €155 ($232). Nokia didn’t say when exactly the phone will hit the market.
Nokia and Nokia Siemens Networks currently provide Mobile TV services in Austria, Finland, Netherland, Switzerland, Italy, India, Ghana, Kenya, Namibia, Nigeria and Philippines. Nokia expects to complete commercial launches in over 20 new countries in the next 12-18 months.
It’s estimated that more than 300 million people worldwide will watch TV on their mobile phones by 2012.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia announces six Comes With Music handsets for Singapore; launches Music Stores in Austria, Switzerland
- Swisscom launches Bluewin TV mobile for Nokia N77 phone users
- Nokia intros Mobile TV (DVB-H) headset for Symbian^3 smartphones
- Nokia N9 won’t be available in the UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, and many other countries
- Nokia Ovi Store now serves more than 1.6 million downloads per day