We first heard about a possible HTC featurephone back in April, when rumors had it that the Taiwanese smartphone maker wants to launch a Brew-based handset in Q4 2009.
According to DigiTimes, the reason for the handsets’ delay is Qualcomm Brew’s “relatively immature application service platform offering for telecom carriers.”
Qualcomm is currently working with various software developers for launching dedicated Brew apps related to web browsing, GPS and mobile community services.
Let’s hope the HTC Brew phones will worth the wait.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #CES 2010: Qualcomm announces new Brew MP, Snapdragon Android smartbook from HP
- Qualcomm and BlackBerry heading for Korea now that WIPI’s gone
- SK Telecom and KTF launch DRM-free music service in Korea, LG Telecom to follow
- SK Telecom hoping to import BlackBerry to Korea
- European operators want Apple, Google and Facebook to pay for mobile data