Sony Ericsson announced the availability of WebSDK beta for Android and Symbian, which will allow developers to create apps for the company’s Android and Symbian smartphones – starting with the already-available Satio and the upcoming Xperia X10.
The Sony Ericsson WebSDK beta can be downloaded here – where you’ll also find more info and documentation.
Sony Ericsson has also launched a Web App Challenge, which requires you to “download the WebSDK and make something fantastic for the XPERIA X10 by December 31.” The creator of the best app will receive $4000. More info here.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony releases Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM for Xperia line-up
- Nokia’s Gig Finder Symbian touch app lets you find live music events
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 to be launched by 3 on November for £30/month?
- Opera Mobile 10 launched for Symbian S60 (touch and non-touch)
- #MWC10: Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro, Xperia X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro (video)