Perhaps in response to Google’s new and free Maps Navigation for Android 2.0, TomTom has just launched a new version of its iPhone application, TomTom for iPhone 1.2, which brings a set of new features.
These new features include text-to-speech, Advanced Lane Guidance (for “extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions”), updated Tele Atlas maps for the US and Canada, and a Help menu that provides quick access “to emergency numbers and directions to the nearest emergency providers”.
TomTom for iPhone 1.2 can be downloaded as of today via the App Store. Thanks to new TomTom car kits that should be available soon, the app is compatible with all iPhone models and with the iPod touch.
The new TomTom iPhone app including maps of the US and Canada costs $99.99. Other regional versions may have different prices.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- TomTom for iPhone 1.3 comes with Google local search, pinch to zoom and more
- Google Earth Now on iPhone
- HTC offering TomTom maps on the Desire HD and Desire Z (scraps Google Maps?)
- Street View and walking directions now available in Google Maps for Mobile,
- iPhone 2.2 firmware released – brings Google Street View, Safari improvements and more