Less than one month after Google launched free Maps Navigation for Android 2.0, now the service is available for Android 1.6 Donut as well (which runs on phones like T-Mobile’s G1 and MyTouch 3G).
In fact, Google says that Maps Navigation is being released “for Android 1.6 and higher” – although, well, the only higher version of Android available at the moment is the already mentioned 2.0.
To download the latest Google Maps Navigation Android app, visit the Android Market. Note that some of the features available in Google Maps Navigation for Android 2.0 are not included in the version for Android 1.6 – like the “navigate to” voice command feature.
Meanwhile, you may want to (re)watch a video demonstration of Google Maps Navigation on a Motorola Droid:
Via the Google Mobile Blog
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Google Maps with free navigation available in the UK, works with Android 1.6, too
- Google Maps 4.7 and Google Shopper 1.3 for Android out now
- Google Maps for Android updated with redesigned Navigation home screen for ICS, higher resolution map tiles
- Google intros free Maps Navigation for Android 2.0, Garmin and TomTom stocks plummet
- Google Maps 4.0 for BlackBerry features Google Buzz, Search by Voice, and more