If we’re to believe a recently-appeared rumor, Nokia is working on a 12MP camera phone dubbed Nokia N87 12MP.
Like other Nseries smartphones (N96, N86), the N87 seems to be a dual slider. Its features should include: a 3.2 inch WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive touchscreen display, 16GB of internal memory, a 600MHz processor and, of course, a 12MP camera with Carl Zeiss optics plus dual LED and Xenon flashes. The N87 may also come with that revamped Symbian UI that Nokia talked about today.
Sure, there’s nothing official about this at the moment, but an N87 12MP would certainly be a logical successor to the Nokia N86 8MP.
Some older rumors had it that Nokia would announce its first 12MP camera phone before the end of 2009 so let’s wait a bit and see if this turns out to be true. Until then, here’s the video that started all the talk about the N87 12MP:
Via Phone Arena
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia’s first Nseries touchscreen handset to come very soon. N97?
- Tomorrow’s Nokia Launch Today: New XpressMusic collection – Nokia 5310, Nokia 5610 and new Nokia 5700
- Nokia C6-01 to run Symbian^3?
- A new Nokia camera flagship with optical zoom to succeed N8 this spring. Still runs on Symbian
- Nokia to launch S40 phones with touchscreen, QWERTY keyboard, dual SIM