Orange has officially announced its Application Shop (aka Orange App Shop), which will provide customers with access to more than 5,000 applications (plus services, games and information), directly on their mobile phones and smartphones.
The Orange App Shop is already provided over the air (OTA) to customers in France and the UK. Starting January 2010, several handsets will come with the Shop preinstalled: Sony Ericsson W995, Nokia 6700 and Sony Ericsson Yari U100i (only in France).
Any app or service bought via the Orange Application Shop can be billed on your Orange bill – this should make the purchasing process as simple as possible.
Orange plans to offer the App Shop in many countries during 2010, including: Austria, Belgium, Spain, Switzerland, Slovakia, Portugal, Romania and Moldova.
Orange has also launched the so-called Give&Get, a social networking platform that will (apparently) “facilitate online discussion among application developers.” Give&Get is launched via the Orange Innovation TV website.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Apple to launch iPad internationally on May 28
- Orange to launch Application Shop – its own app store
- Orange to launch iPhone in ten more countries
- Sony tablets and smartphones discounted in Europe. Jelly Bean updates for Xperia P and Xperia Go coming really soon
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X1′s official release date announced: September 30th