The same day when TeliaSonera launched the world’s first commercial LTE network (in Sweden and Norway), O2 announced that it has successfully implemented a live trial LTE network in the UK, helped by Huawei.
During the trial, O2 and Huawei achieved a peak download rate of 150Mbps.
Earlier this year, Telefonica (which owns O2) announced that it plans to launch LTE trials in five other countries except the UK: Germany, Czech Republic, Spain, Argentina and Brazil.
O2 didn’t announce when exactly its UK customers will be able to use LTE/4G services.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Telefónica (O2) testing LTE in the UK, Germany, Brazil and 3 other countries
- Telstra prepares to roll-out 4G / LTE trials in May
- HTC Desire S available in Europe starting today
- New Countries Confirm August iPhone Launch
- Apple sells 3 million new iPads in the first weekend