FlightView announced that its first mobile application for BlackBerry is now available.
The app provides real-time flight information (for North America), as well as weather conditions, helping travelers to plan their flights and stay informed.
The FlightView BlackBerry app has some interesting features, including flight status updates integrated with BlackBerry alerts (you’ll get informed when a plane is more than 15 minutes late), easy-to-read notes, and scheduled flights integrated with BlackBerry’s calendar.
“Travelers can now stay informed, organized and prepared for changing plans without calling, queuing, or trying to reach customer service. The number of BlackBerry users traveling grows each day, and we’re excited to help transform their travel experience,” declared Mike Benjamin, CEO of FlightView.
FlightView for BlackBerry is available for download through BlackBerry App World and costs $4.99.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- British Airways will allow limited in-flight cell phone use
- EU Wants Mobile Phone Use Allowed on Airplanes
- Air France and KLM now offer boarding passes on mobile phones
- Samsung Flight II (A927) for AT&T gets official, should be launched soon
- Research in Motion buys software developer Viigo