When we first broke the news that Nokia would not be exhibiting at Mobile World Congress 2010 this upcoming February, I’m sure there were a lot of shocked people out there. Brace for another shocker, because if rumors are correct it would mean that another big name, LG Electronics, will be following in Nokia’s footsteps (the footsteps leading straight out the door).
Rumblings around the net indicate that LG is not planning on setting up a booth or showing anything at MWC 2010 due to the high costs of securing a pavilion at the show. According to the Dutch division of LG Mobile, whom AllAboutPhones contacted for information, it is true that they won’t be exhibiting, but just like Nokia will be in Barcelona for the show and putting on events in a separate location.
Since LG will still be there, it’s likely that the company will still have several new products available on showcase.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia may show nothing new at MWC, but a Nokia C6 could be announced soon
- Nokia Aeon launching next week. April Fool’s come a week early to Netherlands
- Spyker to showcase two mobile phones at MWC 2009
- Nokia 5700 XpressMusic 3.2 megapixel camera upgrade coming soon
- 8 ZTE smartphones announced for MWC 2012: Android, quad-core, Windows Phone on the menu