Qualcomm’s subsidiary Flo TV has partnered with accessory maker Mophie to announce an upcoming series of products that will allow iPhone and iPod touch users to watch live mobile TV.
The products will be available sometime in the first half of the year, for prices that have not been disclosed.
Flo TV and Mophie will integrate built-in FLO TV receivers into Mophie cases, so I guess you should expect your iPhone to look something like this when you’ll want to watch mobile TV on it:
For the moment, AT&T offers mobile TV from Flo TV only on three phones: LG Vu, Samsung Eternity and Samsung Mythic. Verizon also offers the service (under it V CAST brand) for the Motorola Krave and HTC Imagio.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung is working on its own iWatch. Here are some smart watch designs they explored over the last decade
- ZOMG iPhone 2.0.2 software update adds copy/paste functionality! We’re kidding!
- Samsung Galaxy S4 launching at T-Mobile USA on May 1
- Bang & Olufsen says goodbye to the cell phone biz
- LG, Pantech want in on smart watch buzz too. LG says it also has its own Google Glass type of thing