One of the most promising games that Nokia will launch in 2010 is called Ovi Maps Racing. As you’ve probably guessed from its name, the game is a combination of Ovi Maps with racing.
The cool thing about the game is that it uses your phone’s GPS to detect yur location, letting you race on customized tracks that (apparently) are a virtual representation of your neighborhood. You can also use Ovi Maps to set up tracks around the world, in major cities and so on.
Here’s a video preview of Nokia’s Ovi Maps Racing game:
Nokia says that Ovi Maps Racing will soon be available via the Ovi Store. The game will probably not be free.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Orange UK to kick off new mobile gaming initiatives for iPhone
- Will iPhone/iOS 5 get real world multi-player gaming APIs?
- Nokia Own Voice app lets you customize Ovi Maps navigation instructions
- Nokia 500 gets a Belle update starting today
- Top 10 developers for Nokia’s Mobile Games Innovation Challenge revealed