Although Symbian^3 isn’t released yet, Nokia is already working on Symbian^4, and it recently presented a UI concept proposal for it.
Based on a Qt framework, Symbian^4 should simplify the S60 user experience by bringing renewed layouts, “free placement of Homescreen widgets”, “context menu support for list items”, four user-facing libraries (Contacts, Applications, Music and Photos), improved task switcher, redesigned Control Panel and so on.
Below you have some screenshots of the Symbian^4 UI concept proposal (the final version of the new OS may not look like this):
Symbian^4 should be functionally complete in by the end of 2010, although the first Nokia phones based on it will only be launched in 2011.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia reconfirms: Symbian^3 and Maemo 6 devices are coming this year
- Symbian^4 UI video previews are not as fascinating as you’d think
- New pictures of the Symbian^4 homescreen surface
- Nokia shows off 4 inch smartphone concepts (Design by Community sketches)
- Nokia C6-01 to run Symbian^3?