Back in 2009, Nokia registered two new brand names for its handsets: Xseries and Cseries. We’ve already seen some Xseries phones (Nokia X3 and Nokia X6), but we know nothing about the company’s Cseries devices.
Well, the first phones from this new series might be announced next week, on January 26 – one day ahead of Apple’s alleged unveiling of its iTablet and the new iPhone 4.0 OS.
Several sources (Eldar Murtazin, Pocket-lint) have confirmed a Nokia launch event for this date. Furthermore, the Nokia C3 and Nokia C5 model names have been recently spotted somewhere in Indonesia (via Mobile-review and FoneArena) – so these might be the handsets that Nokia will announce later this month.
The C3 (C3-00 or RM-614) features quad-band GSM connectivity, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, while the C5 (C5-00 or RM-645) doesn’t have Wi-Fi, but it features HSPA.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia also registers the Xseries brand name
- Nokia C5 leaked; still not clear what the Cseries is all about
- New Nokia Cseries mobile computers coming soon?
- Major handset naming scheme revamp coming at Nokia Wolrd 09′
- Nokia Xseries debuts with the X6 (Alvin) and X3 music phones