Although we still don’t know what the Microsoft Zune phone looks like (or when exactly it will be finally announced), it seems that the device has been (sort of) confirmed by Microsoft itself.
A new Zune software update (v. 22.214.171.124) was recently released by Microsoft, alongside a Zune.inf file that’s “responsible for associating devices with the Zune driver.”
According to I started something, said .inf file contains references to what look to be Zune phones – and there are actually three different hardware IDs listed (apart from hardware IDs for the latest-generation Zune media players).
So Microsoft might launch not one, but three Zune phones, most likely based on Windows Mobile 7.
We’ve recently heard that the Zune phone(s) might be announced at MWC 2010, so let’s wait and see how all this ends up.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Microsoft Zune / Pink phone coming in two months, WM7 included?
- Tegra-based Zune phone confirmed for MWC?
- Microsoft preparing new Zune device to compete with the iPhone, Palm Pre
- Microsoft Kin One and Kin Two now official, will be launched by Verizon and Vodafone
- Microsoft hints at Kin phones’ prices, lets you win 50 of them