Camp-firefox.de is reporting that the first usable beta version of Firefox for Android may be out in February (hence next month).
Reportedly, Firefox for Android is almost completed since December last year, although, at that moment, browsing was not possible.
There are lots of Android smartphones ready to come out this year, so let’s hope Mozilla finishes working on its Android-bound Firefox as soon as possible. Not that the native Webkit-based Android browser is a bad browser, but more choices are always welcome.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Mozilla officially launches Firefox Mobile for Maemo
- New Mozilla Firefox for Android available now in Google Play
- Mozilla Firefox RC1 for Maemo (Nokia N900, N810) available for download
- Mozilla Fennec to sync tabs between desktop and mobile browsers
- Mozilla reveals Firefox app for Honeycomb tablets