Sharp, one of Japan’s largest mobile phone makers, announced the upcoming availability of the solar-powered Sharp SOLAR HYBRID SH6230C in China.
The company has already released solar-powered phones in Japan last year, but this is the first time when it launches such a handset outside its home market.
The Sharp SH6230C is a clamshell that features a 2.9 inch internal display, a 5MP camera with autofocus, and “Sharp’s proprietary solar cell module.” The phone will be available in China starting February, for a price that should be announced later on.
Leveraging on the increasing demand for solar-powered devices, Sharp will introduce its new phone in other global markets, too (although it didn’t say where exactly).
Alongside the SOLAR HYBRID SH6230C, Sharp also plans to launch other two phones in China: the SH6220C and SH6228C, which feature Memory LCD – “a low-power-consuming display with high visibility under the daylight.”
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- High-end SOLAR HYBRID SH-08A phone from NTT DoCoMo
- Cheap Samsung E1107 Crest Solar phone announced
- ZegnaSport Solar JKT Jacket to power your phone and iPod
- LG has solar powered eco-friendly phone too
- #MWC11: Umeox Apollo, the first solar-powered Android 2.3 Gingerbread phone (video)