Lately, there have been so many rumors about Windows Mobile 7 that I really don’t know what to believe anymore. Will Microsoft launch it this year, or in 2011? Will there be a Zune phone based on WM7? Will there be a Business Edition and a Media Edition of the new OS? What about Windows Mobile 6.5.3, or Windows Mobile 6.6?
Well, it looks like it won’t be long until all these questions find answers.
Eldar Murtazin from Mobile-review says that Windows Mobile 7 will be launched “soon”. Reportedly, he already has a Window Mobile 7 phone and the OS is somewhat desktop-like. Apparently, the phone’s 1850 mAh battery only works for “6-7 hours” – although it’s not clear yet in what conditions.
- 1GHz processor
- 3.6 inch WVGA display
- G-sensor and compass
- 8GB of onboard memory
- 5MP camera
If these requirements are legit (and they could be), all Windows Mobile 7 phones will be high-end (thus expensive), which means that Microsoft will keep Windows Mobile 6.5 (or 6.6) in the game, too, for low-end devices – like we’ve heard before.
Let’s hope that Microsoft will announce Windows Mobile 7 at MWC 2010 (15 – 18 February).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Microsoft confirms Windows Mobile 7 announcement for MWC. Old i-mate running WM7 spotted?
- LG Apollo, HTC Obsession to be among the first Windows Mobile 7 phones
- Microsoft Zune / Pink phone coming in two months, WM7 included?
- WM 6.5.3 to become Windows Phone Classic; Windows Phone 6 Starter Edition announced for emerging markets
- HTC makes the HD2 (Leo) official