So we just discovered this leaked picture and accompanying specs to go along with it, and right now we’re wondering if this “Trophy” is supposed to be for first prize or just for participating. Right now we’re tempted to say the latter.
HTCPedia was the source of the leaked photo and specs.
The HTC Trophy, from what we can tell, is a revamped version of the HTC Snap that happens to have a touchscreen and WinMo 6.5 on it. It’ll be a perfectly fine smartphone, for sure, but it certainly won’t be top of the line. Here’s the listed specs:
- 3″ touchscreen capacitive display
- Qualcomm MSM7227 600MHz processor
- 512 MB ROM/256 MB RAM
- TouchFLO 3D
- 11 mm thick
- Camera is 5 MP
- WiFi and 3G (not specified as to which type of 3G)
- 3.5 mm jack
So the specs are decent, of course, but nothing fantastic. Not when we’re starting to see more and more smartphones with Snapdragon processors and 3.7″ touchscreen displays. But certainly, the HTC Trophy is worth a quick look at. It is intriguing to see that the handset is only 11 mm thick, which is actually thinner than the original Motorola RAZR V3 (which was 14 mm thin).
There was no mention of launch date or anticipated price. We estimate the price will likely be mid-range for a smartphone.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dell Venue Pro last device to be upgraded to Mango
- HTC 7 Trophy Windows Phone coming soon?
- HTC 7 Trophy on pre-order in the UK, £429.99 unlocked
- Verizon’s HTC Trophy shows up in hands-on photo
- Verizon HTC Trophy WP7 device now only $99.99 at Newegg