RIM is reportedly getting ready to launch two new BlackBerry smartphones this spring (the North American / European spring).
According to The Street, one of the devices might resemble the BlackBerry Bold, but come with a “long-awaited, touch-enabled Web-friendly operating system” (thus a touchscreen), as well as with a full QWERTY keyboard. This might be the rumored BlackBerry Magnum / Dakota – or a newer handset based on it.
Reportedly, RIM officials are really happy with the new touch and Web-friendly operating system – although there aren’t any concrete details about it.
(this is what the new touch-friendly BlackBerry may look like; photo via BGR)
The second upcoming RIM smartphone is a 3G BlackBerry Pearl with an optical trackpad – most likely, this is the Pearl 9100 that we recently saw in some leaked photos.
Well, now let’s wait for RIM to confirm all this.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Pearl 9100 in leaked photos, video
- BlackBerry Kickstart’s official name actually BlackBerry Pearl 8220?
- BlackBerry Pearl 9100 coming to T-Mobile USA, Wind Canada?
- Rogers’ and Bell’s BlackBerry Pearl 9100 to cost $449 free of contract
- BlackBerry Pearl 3G (9100) announced by Telstra