Presented as being “sociable, enjoyable and affordable,” the LG Cookie Plus is obviously based on the original Cookie phone (sold in more than 10 million units since 2008).
Unlike the old Cookie, the LG Cookie Plus GS500 features 3G connectivity. It also offers social networking integration (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr), an animated UI with widgets, a full touchscreen, FM tuner, 3MP camera, and Editable Screenshot MMS – a feature capable of capturing web images for editing and sending to other phones.
The LG Cookie Plus GS500 will be first available in France and Italy (starting early March), coming in various color versions. After that, the phone will be introduced in other 43 countries around the world. The handset’s price will probably be a low one, to match the price of the original Cookie.
LG said that it “plans to offer a full batch of new Cookie handsets in 2010”, all of which will be affordable.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Cookie Fresh GS290 officially announced, will be available this month
- LG Cookie Fresh GS290 and LG GT400 Viewty show up
- White LG Cookie from O2 UK, £99.99 on Pay & Go
- LG KX500 – LG Cookie for CDMA networks
- 2 million LG Cookie phones sold, 10 million units planed