Back in January, when Motorola officially announced the Android-powered BackFlip, it said that the smartphone would be introduced not only in North America (via AT&T), but also in Asia, Latin America and Europe.
The BackFlip is already on sale in China, and now it’s been announced in Italy – probably the first European country to get it.
As you may already know, the Motorola BackFlip features a 3.1 inch HVGA touchscreen display, Android 1.5 with MotoBlur, full QWERTY keyboard, HSDPA, GPS, Wi-Fi, full HTML browser, 3.5mm headset jack, social networking integration (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter), and a 5MP autofocus camera with flash.
Motorola didn’t say when exactly the BackFlip will be available in Italy, but this should happen before the end of March. Pricing details were not announced.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Confirmed: Motorola BackFlip coming to AT&T on March 7, $99.99 on contract
- Motorola announces the Backflip for Germany, launches H17txt Bluetooth headset via Verizon
- LG GW620 launched in Italy as LG LinkMe
- Verizon announces new phones: LG Octane VN530 and Pantech Crux
- AT&T announces the LG Arena with Mobile TV, available on February 26