We’ve first reported about the possible specs of Nokia N87 in December last year. Well, things have changed a bit since then.
Apparently codenamed Nokia Vasco, the N87 may have a 3.7 inch AMOLED touchscreen display, and not a 3.2 inch one as previously believed.
Some leaked documents have appeared over at BeGeek, and while we can’t verify their authenticity, they seem to confirm the fact that the N87 has a 12MP camera (with Carl Zeiss optics and Xenon flash). Earlier today, we’ve heard that Nokia’s first 12MP phone would be the Nokia N8 – but, honestly, I think the N8 and N87 monikers are for the same device.
So here’s what the Nokia N87 should offer, apart from an AMOLED display and a 12MP camera:
- HD video
- FM radio and FM transmitter
- ARM Cortex 8 CPU at 600MHz
- Dedicated GPU (graphics processing unit)
- 256MB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB of internal memory
No word on when Nokia plans to announce the N87, but maybe it will do it at the same time with the Nokia N98.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T in talks with Nokia about carrying their Windows Phones
- Nokia C6-01 and Nokia C7 Symbian^3 smartphones announced at Nokia World
- MeeGo-based Nokia N9 (RM-680) to feature Snapdragon CPU? Not likely
- Nokia Lumia 800 bundled with free Xbox at Orange UK
- HTC 7 Mozart and Nokia N8 show up on Orange UK’s website