Pharos 565 has been recently announced, and it looks like it’s the world’s first rugged PDA based on Windows Mobile 6.5.
As far as rugged PDAs go, the Pharos 565 looks ok and has almost decent measures (it’s 25mm thick).
The new Pharos device features a 3.5 inch QVGA touchscreen display, full QWERTY keyboard, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g, GPS, Bluetooth, IrDA, 3.5mm headset jack, Office Mobile, 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM, Marvell PXA310 CPU at 624MHz, and a 1880 mAh battery.
The Pharos 565 is compliant with the IP54 standard and can withstand drops from 4 to 5 feet (1 – 1.5 meters).
You can buy the Pharos 565 as of now online – it costs $529.95 and it’s obviously unlocked.
Via Mobile Burn
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Pharos Traveler 117 approved by FCC
- Nautiz X5, another Windows Mobile rugged handset
- Verizon announces HTC Imagio, Nokia 2705 Shade, Motorola Barrage and more
- BlackBerry Style and rugged Samsung Rugby II launched by Bell in Canada
- HP iPAQ 110/ 114 Classic Handheld