The Bada-based Wave S8500 is not the only new phone that Samsung is showcasing at MWC 2010. We’ve already told you about the Samsung Monte Slider E2550 and Monte Bar C3200, and now it’s time to meet other three handsets: Samsung i8520, Samsung Ch@t B3410W and Samsung E2370.
Like the Wave S8500, the Samsung i8520 is a high-end touchscreen phone. The main difference is that the i8520 has a built-in DLP pico projector from Texas Instruments.
Not sure about the OS of Samsung i8520, but it might be Bada – although Engadget says it’s Android 2.1. The UI looks nothing like Android, but it could be just TouchWiz 3.0 running on top of Google’s OS, which would pretty much make sense.
The features and specs of Samsung i8520 include:
- GSM / GPRS / EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- UMTS (900/1900/2100 MHz), HSDPA 7.2Mbps and HSUPA 5.7Mbps
- 3.7 inch Super AMOLED WVGA touchscreen display
- Wi-Fi (b/g/n)
- Video: H.264, H.263, MPEG4, Divx/Xvid, VC-1, 720p@30fps (de/encoding)
- Audio: MP3, OGG, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, WMA, WAV, MID, AC3
- Bluetooth 2.1
- Dual speaker with 3S sound effects
- 3.5mm headset jack
- FM radio with RDS
- Push email
- 8MP autofocus camera with flash
- Front-facing VGA camera
- Internal memory: at least 2GB (4Gb ROM / 3Gb RAM + 16GB MoviNAND)
- MicroSD card support, up to 32GB
- 1,800 mAh battery
Apart from featuring Wi-Fi, the Samsung Ch@t B3410W also has more internal memory than the B3410: 1GB or 2GB. Other than that, it’s the same phone, with a 2.6 inch QVGA touchscreen display, QWERTY keyboard, 3.5mm headset jack and a 2MP camera.
And finally, the Samsung E2370 is a rugged (IP54), entry-level candybar:
The Samsung E2370 features a 1.77 inch TFT screen with 128 x 160 pixels, dual-band GSM connectivity (900/1800), dual speaker with powerful sound, Bluetooth 2.1, torchlight, mobile tracker, FM radio, VGA camera, MicroSD card support, and an impressive 2,000 mAh battery that can provide up to 20 hours of talk-time, or up to 1,040 (!) hours of stand-by time.
The release dates and prices of Samsung i8520, Ch@t B3410W and E2370 are not known at the moment.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 and dual-core Galaxy Ace 2 officially announced
- Philips X806 and C702 touchscreen phones show up
- Huawei Ascend Y200 and Ascend G300 released in India
- Interesting Philips C600 and W186 unveiled
- Samsung ATIV S (Odyssey) with Windows Phone 8, and Samsung ATIV Windows RT Tablet announced