But does this mean the HD2 will be forever deprived of running Windows Phone 7?
Well, here’s what Microsoft says via the official Windows Phone Twitter account:
“To everyone asking about HD2 & Windows Phone 7 Series; nothing announced yet but there may be info coming next month.”
So, by the looks of it, Microsoft is semi-promising Windows Phone 7 for the HTC HD2 – unless it wants to tell us something else, but at the moment I can’t think of any other way to interpret the tweet (if anyone has suggestions, please do tell).
And now to paraphrase the aforementioned funny post: the tipster (Microsoft, in our case) seems pretty convincing, albeit somewhat elusive by using the term “may”, but let’s let time be the judge of this.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Confirmed: HTC HD2 won’t be upgraded to Windows Phone 7 series
- #MWC10: HTC HD2 caught running Windows Phone 7 Series?
- #MWC10: Windows Phone 7 Series UI video preview
- Microsoft’s own Windows Phone 7 handset may be released in early 2011, made by Asus
- Windows Mobile 6.x handsets not upgradeable to Windows Phone 7 after all