Rogers will be the first Canadian mobile carrier to launch an Android 2.1 handset – the Acer Liquid e.
Showcased at MWC 2010 alongside the beTouch E400, beTouch E110, neoTouch P300 and neoTouch P400, the Acer Liquid e is basically an Acer Liquid, but with Android 2.1 OS instead of Android 1.6 OS.
The smartphone features a 3.5 inch WVGA touchscreen display, HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, 5MP autofocus camera, 256MB RAM, 512MB ROM, and a Snapdragon CPU at 768 MHz.
The Acer Liquid e should be available via Rogers starting this spring (no exact release date was given). Details about pricing are currently missing.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer renaming its smartphones: neoTouch, beTouch E100, beTouch E101 and beTouch E200
- Acer Liquid e listed as $79.99 with 3-year contract on Rogers
- #MWC10: Acer beTouch E400, beTouch E110, neoTouch P300 and neoTouch P400
- Acer beTouch E110 passes the FCC with AT&T 3G
- Acer Liquid A1 to come in November for €380 unlocked