Last week at MWC 2010, when Steve Ballmer officially announced Microsoft’s new Windows Phone 7 Series platform, he said that the first WP7 devices would be available in time for the holiday season this year.
Usually, this is another way of saying “in the fourth quarter.” However, the first WP7 phone might be launched in September – although it may also happen a few months later. Engadget China got this info from some LG Mobile officials in Hong Kong.
Other manufacturers that will launch WP 7 handsets this year or in early 2011: HTC, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Dell, Garmin-Asus, Toshiba and HP.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Windows Phone 8 Apollo will be previewed by Microsoft on June 20
- Samsung confirms it’ll have Windows Phone 8 Apollo handsets in the second half of 2012
- LG’s first Windows Phone 7 Series handset shows up
- Windows Phone 7 Series to lack copy and paste functionality at launch
- Sony Xperia Ion set to arrive in Hong Kong, reservations now open