With Sprint getting ready to launch 4G / WiMax in many new US markets this year, some phone manufacturers are surely thinking about making WiMax hardware for the carrier.
Apart from HTC (which should launch the Supersonic Android phone), Palm may also introduce a WiMax handset via Sprint.
At the moment, sales of the WebOS-based Palm Pre and Palm Pixi (pictured below) are “below expectations”, despite the fact that Palm launched the Plus versions of the two smartphones via Verizon Wireless.
A smartphone that combines WebOS and 4G / WiMax could be successful and bring Palm some profit, even though the device would be made only for Sprint’s customers.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Pixi-like Palm WebOS smartphone coming to T-Mobile USA?
- WebOS 1.0.4 available for the Palm Pre
- Sprint won’t get the HP Pre 3
- Palm Pre coming to Europe in early H2 for $500-550. $399 on Sprint
- Palm Pre appears in the wild again; might be released on June 9